Rosie is moving the ranch gate forward while mounted on Annie Moses. This is an important lesson for a ranch horse. Annie has to follow Rosie’s instructions and move ahead staying close to the gate so that Rosie can hold the top of the gate while she pushes the gate open. Rosie and Annie need to work as a team. Rosie has trained Annie to trust her commands. Horses are herd & prey animals who follow their leader. Annie trusts Rosie after miles of Rosie’s ranch training. A ranch horse must be willing, reliable and athletic.
- Don leading Baja back to his paddock for hay & grain
- Baja’s ranch shower after a warm day’s ride
- Washing Baja palomino paint gelding after ride on Effus Ranch
- Scarlet, Effus Ranch border collie
- Yellowface Ridge ride, Effus Ranch, west of Wickenberg, AZ
- Scarlet, border collie at Effus Ranch with Doc, Foundation bred Quarter-horse gelding foreground.
- Scarlet, border collie Effus Ranch
- Rosie closing gate, riding Annie Moses, final step
- Rosie opening gate, riding Annie Moses, step 3
- Rosie Opening gate riding Annie Moses, step 2
Top Posts & Pages
- Follow Isabella's Short Stories & other stuff on WordPress.com
What's it all about?